HEL PERFORMANCE MASTER CYLINDER
- Manufactured all metal parts of the master cylinder (including levers) by HEL on their Brother and Star CNC machines from solid billets of 6082-T6 aluminium.
- Each master cylinder body takes an hour of machining time to remove the material to HEL exacting standards with the bore measured automatically in cycle.
- Each master cylinder is individually finished and assembled by hand and comes with the latest design of lever which allows three ratios from one lever.
- The lever features a pill shaped hole into which one of two plugs are inserted, One has an offset hole – with the hole nearest the master cylinder you get a -1 ratio. If you rotate the plug 180 degrees it offers you a +1 ratio and if you use the plug with a central hole you obtain a 1:1 ratio. This means that with a 16mm master cylinder you can obtain a 15/16, 16/16 and 17/16 from one lever and two inserts.
- With the 19mm master cyilinder you can obtain an 18/19, 19/19 and a 20/19 from one lever and two inserts.
- 16 – Clutch master cylinders or single front brake (smaller CC models)
- 18 – More lever travel and 'feel' on twin caliper systems (larger CC models)
- 19 – Average lever travel but harder feel – a good all rounder
- 20 – Less lever travel and the 'hardest feel' on the lever
HEL Performance Master Cylinders include a fully CNC black lever offering three ratios in one.
All parts for our master cylinders are available to purchase separately